Let's get away
from it all
Prettyas a postcard
The Club of the most beautiful bays in the world, which currently stands at 40 or so members includes: the Bay of the Mont-Saint-Michel, the Bay of the Somme, the Gulf of the Morbihan for France but also the Bay of San Franciso and the Bay of Ha-Long, has just welcomed to the very heart of its membership the the Bay of La Baule.
This club, founded 15 years ago is a true forum for discussion which aims to "become the international reference for an intelligent management of coastal areas”.
The conditions for admission to the club are particularly stringent, as each bay must have at least two criteria recognized by Unesco in the categories of cultural or natural heritage.
The bay of La Baule won over the Club members essentially by:
- its willingness to conserve its architectural heritage which consists of several thousand Villas of distinctive architectural design.
- its permanent commitment to the conservation and development of the emblematic pineforest of La Baule,
…but also by virtue of its location at the very heart of an exceptional area, the Presqu’ile of Guerande which includes:
- 2000 hectares of salt marshes with their 2000 year long history.
- The Natural Regional Park of La Briere
- 90 km of rugged coastline – La Cote Sauvage
The accolade, bestowed by the Club of the most beautiful bays in the World, represents a wonderful financial opportunity not only for the elected representatives of La Baie de La Baule, the Pouliguen and Pornichet but also local business people for the development of their projects on an international scale.